This quick ice cream uses condensed milk which makes the method less complicated, but without losing flavour or the creamy texture.
You don’t need to be a pastry chef to make this stunning dessert. Even better, this is another dish that can be prepped before service.
500g puff pastry, rolled to approx 2mm thick
300g Ambrosia custard
300g double cream
Icing sugar, to dust
- Place the puff pastry between two heavy baking sheets, with silicon on both the top and bottom.
- Bake at 200C for approx 15-20 mins or until crisp and golden and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Whip the Ambrosia Custard and double cream together until it forms soft peaks.
- Cut the pastry into suitable size pieces.
- Working round each sheet of pastry, with the cream and raspberries, until the pastry is covered.
- Place on a second pastry lid and dust with icing sugar.
- Garnish with raspberries and serve.